Hopefully you have already set up a LinkedIn profile and are following our company page to keep in touch with all the latest Property & Construction news, latest job postings and recruitment tips and advice. However, if you don’t have an account here are 9 key reasons to get one:
1) Social media plays a huge role in recruitment for potential employers
2) You need to put the effort in to getting your profile 100% complete and looking the best it can, as this is like your shop window for potential employers – an opportunity to really impress!
3) Grow your own personal network, the broader your network, the higher you will rank in other’s search results. This is vital to be successful in any business, “it’s not what you know it’s who you know!”
4) LinkedIn can assist with your career development and help increase your earning potential
5) You can be proactive and approach/connect with people from Companies you want to work for in the future – build your profile with them!
6) Learn from and be inspired by others and how they have developed their careers – analyse their work history to see what they have done.
7) Keep track of your peers – when you see someone doing well it should motivate you to want to improve
8) Deepen your understanding of a company before interviewing or even joining them
9) LinkedIn is a more visual alternative to the traditional CV!
How do your other Social Media accounts like Facebook & Instagram affect your career – Social Media Friend or foe for your career?
Click on a social media icon below to share and make a comment.