This is something I hear most days and have done since I started working in recruitment over 5 years ago… So if you are a candidate potentially looking to take your next career step why should you meet your chosen recruitment consultant/s?
Here are my top 5 reasons for arranging a meeting today:
- Trust your consultant. How can we get a real understanding of who you are, what skills you have, what you are like as a person and where you will thrive the best if we haven’t spent getting to know you?
- Get CV to the top of the pile. It’s a competitive market out there, lots of job applications, but a good recruitment consultant will have senior contacts and if we believe in you as a candidate, we can get your CV to the top of the list.
- Prepare you for any interview. If we have met you, chances are we have met the clients too. If we know our client inside out then we will have an in depth knowledge of the company, the environment and the people so we can fully brief you before any interview.
- Save you time. Do you really want to be working with lots of recruitment agents spamming your CV to every client in the market, setting up unqualified interviews with firms you don’t really want to see? Work with one or two trusted consultants that have your best interests at heart.
- Long term career advice. If you build strong relationships with a few key people early on in your career they can be invaluable in helping you reach the top of your field. They will be the person that you can turn to, not just for a new job but for some general advice or even help you find staff when you are hiring for your team!
So there you have it, my top 5 reasons to spend 30 minutes to go and meet your chosen consultant today. If you can’t meet due to location then arrange a Skype chat and keep in regular contact – it will be worth it… If you are still not convinced ask yourself one final question….
If your recruitment consultant hasn’t asked to meet you to get to know you better and they have just sent your CV out after 5 minutes on the phone, how much do they really care about you and your career? Do they want to make the perfect match and your “best” next career move or do they just want their fee?!
So if you would like to hire a career advisor and build a long term relationship that you can rely on throughout your career in the property sector give myself or one of our qualified consultants a call today. Even if you are not actively looking for a new position… it would be good to chat….
Click on a social media icon below to share and make a comment.Back to Blog