- JOB TYPE: Permanent
- REF: CM4251
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading Estate Agents, on their Client Accounts team.
Property experience isn’t necessary, however an accounts background, either in a work place of educational is preferable.
The role of the Client Accountant team is to ensure that all financial transactions within the companies property portfolio of let and managed properties are handled effectively at every point of the tenancy. This means Landlords are paid accurately and within the time limits of their contractual terms, and that all deposits or overpayment refunds are issued quickly. The Client Accountant will provide support and administration to our internal office network and provide informed advice to clients regarding all financial queries.
Company Profile for the Client Accountant:
With offices in many of London’s most affluent areas this company is one of the Capital’s leading property companies. Their credentials are only further confirmed with the numerous industry awards they have received over the years.
Their strong brand and excellent marketing department means they are regarded as one of the best companies in the business. They provide a corporate, professional but very sociable environment.
Duties of the Client Accountant:
• Setting up new tenancies on internal software system, accurately raising fees based on tenancy start date, tenancy length, break clause and rent agreed
• Where a tenancy is renewed past the original fixed-term, amend the tenancy end date and recalculate any re-negotiated rent and additional fees
• Terminating the tenancy, calculate the tenant rent or fee liabilities at the end of the tenancy depending on the original terms of the agreement and ensure commission is not overpaid to the relevant office
• Manage the daily payment run by removing all unnecessary payments
• Releasing and repaying tenant deposits upon instruction from property and tenancy management departments, ideally on the same day
• Responding to internal and external accounting queries, including statement or fee queries from landlords and occasionally tenants
• Maintain accurate records and be vigilant that data-integrity is not compromised on the internal software system
Character profile of the Client Accountant:
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• High level of numerical accuracy and attention to detail
• Intermediate Excel skills
• Able to work independently or as part of a team
• Reliable and resilient
• Results oriented
• Client focused
Package for the Client Accountant:
Monday to Friday 9:00am to 6:00 pm
£23,000 – £25,000