- JOB TYPE: Permanent
- REF: JH5644
Are you currently working as a Block Property Manager and looking for a new opportunity where you’ll be working in a friendly, supportive and very autonomous environment. Would you enjoy working for an established, independent and forward-thinking property management business in South London?
Block Manager – Company Profile:
This company manage a large and varied portfolio of properties for private and corporate clients. They look after over 2,000 properties and have a team of surveyors/property managers running the portfolio. Most of the firms’ leaders are members of the RICS and as a firm they are members of ARMA. They are now a firm large enough to offer a multitude of services to their client base, but not too big that they dilute the actual customer service levels experienced by the client.
Block Manager- Key Duties:
• Oversee day to day management of 20+ blocks/clients with over 400 units
• Prepare management reports, attend and minute client meetings inc AGM’s and resident meetings
• Be first point of contact for all customer enquiries about portfolio
• Carry out site visits and prepare inspection reports using app
• Manage and set targets for on-site staff if appropriate
• Place, oversee and review maintenance contracts and record on fixflo
• Receive and manage all reactive and planned maintenance requirements and bring major issues to client
• Oversee major works and follow Section 20 process.
• Review and issue service charge budgets and gain client agreement
• Work with accounts on service charge demands, debt recovery, collating reports & monitor income/expenditure
• Maintain strong working relationships with brokers, surveyors, contractors, consultants etc.
• Log insurance claims and manage them with broker and loss adjustor
• Monitor and adhere to Health & Safety across portfolio and arrange risk assessments
• Complete presale enquiry packs, manage all compliance and request for consent
Block Manager – Person Profile:
• Previous experience in residential block management essential
• Membership of IRPM/RICS desired
• Strong knowledge in landlord and tenant act and use of RICS/ARMA guidelines
• Strong communication and client management skills
• Rounded IT skills and ideally MRI, Qube or Fixflo highly desired
• Proven organisational and time management skills from previous roles
• Good networking skills and ability to build trust and win people over.
• Previous experience setting up new schemes/clients would be highly desired
Block Manager – Salary Guide:
£40,000 – £45,000
Hours: 9am – 5:30 pm
Flexible working 3 days office/2 home post probation.