Head of Finance
- JOB TYPE: Permanent
- REF: JH5619
Cherry Pick People have been retained by our client to identify and recruit a Head of Finance for their senior management team. This is a hugely exciting opportunity for an experienced and innovative Head of Finance/Financial Controller or Senior Finance Manager to join this growing property investment firm.
Company Profile – Head of Finance
They are an established, market leading, residential property acquisition business located in South London. Currently in an exciting, pivotal growth phase, they are looking for ambitious, career orientated professionals to join their experienced team.
They are backed by a well-known investment firm and this offers the perfect combination of a dynamic, fast paced, highly rewarding environment with a stable and solid base.
Duties & Responsibilities – Head of Finance:
• Establish and oversee all company/group accounts and records
• Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends and financial forecasts
• Manage cash flow (by tracking transactions and reviewing internal reports)
• Supervise and proactively manage the finance department staff
• Develop and document business processes/accounting policies to strengthen internal controls
• Responsible for tax and regulatory compliance
• Lead month & year-end close process
• Ensure finance systems are fit for purpose and transactions are properly recorded, filed and
• Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with regulations and legislation
• Develop and monitor budgets and financial plans and review to identify cost reduction opportunities
• Protect company assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls
• Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
• Report to the Executive team with timely and accurate financial management information
• Assist in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members.
Person Profile – Head of Finance:
• Bachelor or masters degree.
• ACCA/ACA (or equivalent) qualified, with several years post qualified experience required.
• Commercial financial management experience (at a senior level)
• Professional, with strong communication & interpersonal skills
• Autonomous worker & thinker
• Highly organised, detail orientated and analytical
• Effective problem solver with strong critical thinking
• Open and approachable leader who inspires others
• People management experience
• Hybrid working 3 days in office / 2 days from home.
• Discretionary bonus scheme up to 15%pa (detail can be provided)
• Company pension
• Other company benefits
For more information, please contact James Hanson for a confidential chat about this key role as Head of Finance.
🌈 Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB)
We are committed to cultivating an environment and placing individuals at companies that promote diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities should be celebrated because they are critical to our innovation and relationships. It’s essential that you are comfortable to be your authentic self every day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, caring responsibilities, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn’t just an initiative for us at Cherry Pick People, we strive to embed it within our culture and values.