Head of Legal and Support Services
- JOB TYPE: Permanent
- REF: TR5548
Location: North London/Flexible Working (min. 3 days in the office)
Salary: £80,000 to £88,000 per annum
Are you looking for a fulfilling and rewarding legal career opportunity?
Make a positive impact by providing first-class legal and support services to residents – collaborate across the organisation, utilising your expertise to create solutions, enable residents to feel well supported and help the business to deliver high quality services with cost-effective solutions.
Our Head of Legal and Support Services – Company:
They are more than just a housing organisation – they’re community builders and one of the most inclusive employers in London. They operate and build diverse, mix tenure housing, with more than half in general needs charged at social or affordable levels. They are an important player in the capitals housing market but also just generally a great business.
Head of Legal and Support Services – Responsibilities:
• Provide objective led leadership and implement a culture of high performance & engagement, developing training plans.
• Oversee & manage legal cases to conclusion, instruct and liaise with solicitors/barristers.
• Provide a comprehensive benefits and advocacy service for residents and provision of safeguarding advice and organisational compliance to the business.
• Ensure Home Ownership support service is value-for-money, customer centric and meets income targets.
• Support cross functional teams to ensure business objectives are met.
• Contract management lead for the legal framework and good provider performance.
• Follow financial regulations, policies and procedures, flagging and adapting business processes according to legislative updates.
• Ensure the provision of high quality reports/presentations on performance, permission to evict & casework panels or local authority meetings.
Head of Legal and Support Services – Profile:
• Expert knowledge of housing law and legislation including possession actions, disrepair, anti-social behaviour and tenancy enforcement
• Significant experience of evaluating, managing and resolving complex housing and legal casework
• A good understanding of the Civil Procedure Rules
• An understanding of housing associations statutory, regulatory and contractual obligation
• Preferably experience of related areas in civil and criminal law
• Ideally understanding of tenancy sustainment and the welfare benefits landscape
• Experience of shared ownership/leasehold financial transactions (resales and staircasing)
• Commercial acumen – track record of effectively managing financial budgets
Head of Legal and Support Services Benefits:
• Competitive annual leave.
• Enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption pay.
• Private healthcare.
• Life assurance and more..
If you’re a forward-thinking leader with a passion for providing expert legal support on large scale operations, we invite you to join this team and shape the future of urban living in London.
If interested, click apply now or to set up a confidential call please contact Kate with a copy of your CV firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 3514 2819
We wholeheartedly encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds, irrespective of their race, gender, marital status, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other characteristic.