- JOB TYPE: Permanent
- REF: JH4576
Our client is a specialist construction firm and we are currently looking for an Estimator to join their growing team. This is an exciting role for an Estimator looking for the next step in their career and to lead and grow this arm of this exciting business.
Company Profile for the Estimator:
Our client provides specialist construction and refurbishment services to a range of clients within health, education, leisure and blue light sectors across Essex, Herts, Cambridge and surrounds. They have been established for over three decades and have extensive experience delivering projects within challenging environments. Their aim is to deliver exceptional service and exceptional quality, it’s as simple as that.
Duties for the Estimator:
• Liaise with suppliers, sub-contractors, architects, clients, consultants and engineers
• Deal with all aspects of pricing and compiling refurbishment and new build tenders
• Quantify and cost the in-house elements of the project
• Liaising with other colleagues across the business to ensure tender success
• Maximise the companies tender “win rate” through accurate pricing and strong relationship building
• Manage sub-contractor pricing elements and checking allowances
• Source and build relations with other suppliers, growing resource levels for business growth
• Produce, log and track all estimates via in-house IT software
• Professional advocate for the business in all external/internal interactions.
Experience and person profile for the Estimator:
• Experience as a construction Estimator and/or Quantity Surveyor or similar
• Public sector procurement knowledge (desirable)
• Experience working on procurement and tenders
• Experience dealing/working with consultants, architects, sub-contractors etc.
• Comfortable in client facing role
• Commercial awareness
• Attention to detail, excellent time management
• Strong IT skills including in-house systems, estimating software and Office Suite
• Ability to travel as needed and a Full UK/EU driving licence essential
Package for the Estimator:
Salary: £40-60,000 (depending on experience)
Travel Allowance contribution
Hours: 8am – 5pm (some flexibility needed due to demands of the role)
If you have previous construction experience as an Estimator and are looking for an exciting next step, then please get in touch with James Hanson at Cherry Pick People Property Recruitment Specialists. You can also follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook at Cherry Pick People.
Reference – JH4576