10 Weirdest Interview Questions
Having worked in Property Recruitment for many years I’ve certainly come across a few quirky individuals who have asked some very random questions – one in particular was “if you were a chocolate bar – what would you be and why?” that was asked by a senior Director of one of our Estate Agency clients!
Of course there is a benefit of asking the standard questions – such as “what are your strengths/weaknesses” and “what was your greatest achievement in your previous job?”
However, I’ve always found that interviews based solely on these types of questions can be as painful for the interviewer as the interviewee! So I think a few off the wall questions can help you learn more about the person you’re interviewing as they won’t have been able to prepare extensively in advance and it gives you a chance to see how people respond to the unexpected! Something particularly important when recruiting for Sales people
Having said that some companies have taken it too far!
Here are the 10 weirdest questions I’ve collated – surprisingly only one is directly from the Property industry?
Here are 10 amusing questions asked by real companies:
- Describe the colour yellow to somebody who’s blind. – Asked by Spirit Airlines.
- On a scale of 1-10, How weird are you? – Asked by Zappos.
- Can you say: `Peter Pepper Picked a Pickled Pepper` and cross-sell a washing machine at the same time – Asked by Mastercard.
- A penguin walks through that door right now wearing a sombrero. What does he say and why is he here? – Asked by Clark Construction Group
- You are in a dark room with no light. You need matching socks for your interview and you have 19 grey socks and 25 black socks. What are the chances you will get a matching pair? – Asked by Guardsmark.
- Is Batman a superhero? – Asked by AlphaSights
- Choose a city and estimate how many piano tuners operate a business there – Asked by Google
- If I was talking to your best friend, what is one thing they would say you need to work on? – Asked by Apple
- Tell me a story – Asked by Celgene
- Please bring a toy with you and explain how this reflects you as a person or a part of your personality – Asked by Unknown
I’d love to hear if anyone has heard any others? What’s the weirdest question you have been asked or asked yourself!?!
And if you do happen to be in the market for a new job in the property sector, why not check out our latest opportunities right here.
Click on a social media icon below to share and make a comment.